A teen girl who wore a T-shirt that said “All the cool girls are lesbians” was asked by her high school’s vice principal to cover it up and never wear the shirt to school again, the Daily Item in Massachusetts reported.
The school’s dress code does not specifically prohibit T-shirts of an LGBT nature, but the teen was told by school officials that the shirt was “disruptive.” So she brought the issue to the attention of a school committee.
Turns out, the Lynn, Mass., mayor agrees with her.
“I did some legal research on this and I believe she is right,” said Judith Flanagan Kennedy, the towns mayor and the school’s committee chairwoman. ”I don’t believe the school had the authority to ask her to cover it up.”
- gayfliegenpilz reblogged this from qbits
- bwestern likes this
- junebugjive likes this
- thelunarwolf reblogged this from ruthoutspoken and added:
- ikidyounotorange reblogged this from badwolfwitchofspace
- badwolfwitchofspace reblogged this from qbits
- -sorry likes this
- knowhomo likes this
- thesadgiraffe likes this
- xcoughsyrup likes this
- i-smell-books likes this
- theycallmedrew likes this
- senzacuore reblogged this from qbits
- qbits reblogged this from ruthoutspoken
- qbits likes this
- ruthoutspoken posted this